Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ultramarines - Captain Finished

I've finished my Captain and I finally have an Ultramarine force I can field!


This is my victory shot, after painting him in one sitting. It was ridiculous, but I did it.


And I decided to repaint the power sword green. It is used in my palette, but infrequently. The change from blue makes it stand out, especially with the red on the sword.


The cloth has been done in the same way as the Tactical sergeant.

That banner was ridiculous, but I'm proud of it. I painted the eagle without a wash too.


For the cape, I used Blood Red mixed with brown. This gives it a really interesting look, and as my first time painting cloth without a wash (and second time period) I was really proud of the results.



My first power sword; I used Dark Angels Green and drew a lightning (well, a zig-zag since it doesn't look too much like lightning) pattern. Afterwards, I added a little white and traced within the lines. I added more white for a third layer, and I thought about doing a final layer of just white in the intersections, but decided against it.


The other side of the sword.


Paired with my recently painted tactical squad.


Tabletop shot.


Shot in the daylight.



I still have to figure out what I want to write on the banner and bolter, and add any other markings to him. But I've finished my first marine character!

Next on my list is to paint up a land speeder. Not sure when I will repaint the other tactical squad, but for now I want to try something new. I also have to get some simple green to fix a bad prime job. I also found about the IC Hobby Progress Challenge: Paint up an 1850 list with 400 pt sideboard before March 31st, 2012. It started in July, and since so did my reentry to the hobby, I figured it isn't that much more effort to try it. It also forced me to set a plan out. I'm not sure I'll have the time to finish it all, but it can't hurt to work towards a goal.

I'm also going to be out of town conducting training in Wisconsin, so my next post won't be until late August. Have a good three weeks everyone.

-Esh

No comments:

Post a Comment