Monday, February 20, 2012

Gathering Bits

Finally found some time to do some 40k and blogging. Over the past month, I've returned to my simple green project. While it has not been as amazing as everyone says, I have had amazing luck cleaning off an old land speeder and those Tac squad I managed to ruin during priming. They have been reprimed and sit ready to be painted.

I have also begun to magnetizing my second Land Speeder, but I need to get a pin vice or dremel to continue. It's been pretty enlightening and fun though.

After seeing the price difference from now to when I bought models 2 years ago, I was pretty dismayed. I've been debating on buying a bunch of bikes and assault squad boxes now rather than waiting for the next price hike.

I've also been looking at getting a bunch of special and heavy weapon bits to add for my tac squads. Not sure what the best place to buy from is. I think I'll get a bunch of plasma now, before the edition change. I saw GW has a 5pack for about $8 on their website, but I guess if I can find plastic I'd prefer it.

The collector side of me has fully gripped me now, and I want to get the weapons to outfit/magnetize all my units with all their options. Is it feasible? I'm not sure, but I'm at least going to strive for special weapons, heavy weapons, Landspeeder Heavy flamers,  and Razorback Weapons. I'm also looking for any and all UM bits I can find.

The trick isn't finding them though; it's keeping the price reasonable. I keep coming up with whether I should buy the bits or just a new kit.

Hopefully when I get back from UT I will be able to put up pics of my landspeeder progress, and a simple green results post.

1 comment:

  1. If you can find it, get some dawn power dissolver. It puts simple green to shame.
    After about 20 minutes you can mostly just rinse the paint off with water.

    ReplyDelete