Sunday, March 25, 2012

Magnets, Land Speeders, and Blue Paint

So, over the past 30 days I have made a little bit of progress (pictures will follow, as soon as I get my camera working).

I finished magnetizing my land speeder, and have it primed up. In total, it took 11 magnets, though it is possible to do it with much less if you utilize other metal bits. Although there are already plenty of tutorials on how to do it, I might throw one up if someone is interested. At the very least, I will post pictures for reference.

I have also been painting up a third tactical squad, about a quarter of the way done. This required some green stuff sculpting for shoulder pads, which took little effort this time around. That said, I have to sculpt a new mold for fast attack shoulder pads.

Things will pick up once I put paint to the land speeder. I plan to do the lower, upper, seats, and extra bits separately. And after that, I will do the typhoon and tornado bits..

I've also been doing a lot of reading - Fulgrim (Horus Heresy, book 5) and The Fall of Damnos (I've also read Free Fall based on the FFG board game Android; very good). Fulgrim was gripping but I was not impressed by the title character. Looking forward to Descent of Angels though. The Fall of Damnos is alright. I won't say it has me on the edge of my seat but it is an easy read. It focuses on the Ultramarines vs. the Necrons. I was hoping for some in sight into how the Ultramarines fight as a force (The Ultramarines series really just focuses on Ventris) but so far it has just fleshed out the Necrons (is there such thing as a reverse pun?).

I think I'll add a full review when I finish.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment