Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Random Ramblings

I've been trying to figure out a few things before I move on in my painting. Here they are, in no particular order.

Shoulder Pads: I haven't had issues with transfers (well, not horrible ones), but I'm trying to figure out if it would look better to have a green stuff sculpt for my chapter markings (a la AoBR tac markings). I found a pretty easy tutorial, but I'm not sure it's even worth the work.

Sergeants: I've been thinking about cutting off my sergeants heads and swapping in helmeted ones. who fights without a helmet? I'm not sure I would continue this trend to the commander. Still thinking on this one.

Vehicle markings: Along with the shoulder pads, I've been thinking of how to greenstuff up some vehicle markings. One thing might include putting an Ultramarines symbol on the vindi's shield, around the cannon.

Magnetizing Vehicles: I wanted some transports for my tac squads, so I bought a few razorbacks. I figure they cost $5 more than a rhino, and I can magnetize them and use either configuration. Well,  looking at guides for this, I can magnetize them to be whirlwinds also if I want.

Out of all of them, the sergeant helmets and the shoulder pads are the two I need to figure out to finish my tac squad. Once I figure those out, I'll start painting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment