Friday, July 15, 2011

Ultramarines Tactical Squad - WIP

So, as the title says, I've been working on my Tac Squad, and decided to put a couple of pictures up.

I'm also getting the supplies to build a wet pallet. I found a guide to making one in Freeboota Magazine (40k Radio's ezine) using a peanut butter lid and parchment paper. It's pretty cheap and worth a shot; if it works, sweet; if not, no big loss.

So, after finishing this squad, I think I'm going to convert one of the AoBR captains I have into a Librarian.

Also, I found this podcast called "Deep Strike Radio" I've been listening to while I paint. I like it more than 40k radio. Give 'em a shot if you're looking for something new.

For now, here's some of my current work.

Just a table shot of the combat squad I'm painting.

These guys still have Rhulic Gold on them; I'm repainting it with Shining Gold.

I put the test model in here for comparison; the second to the left has hard edging done.

Only have a highlight before I finish the blue.

Left: Hard Edging. Right: Without. It adds a lot for such a little thing.



And it's back to the trenches for me.
-Esh

No comments:

Post a Comment